We were asked by Callye of The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle if we wanted to be included in a group of bloggers to create anything we wanted using a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter. We said...absolutely! Callye creates the most amazing cookies we have ever seen and is so talented! We felt so honored that she would think of us to help with this project of hers!
I have to admit that we were a bit intimidated being combined with such talent. As most of you know...we make a lot of s'mores pops. They are always my boys favorite treat. They are super easy to make as well. We thought that a Owl S'mores on a Stick would be fun to make using our pumpkin cookie cutter. We also made a small thought bubble using a mini pumpkin cookie cutter. Also, remember the giant box of marshmallows we received from Jet-Puffed? Well..we had fun dipping into that box to make these!
Owl S'mores on a Stick
Graham Crackers (we used Keebler)
Jumbo, Large , Stacker & Mini Marshmallows (we used Jet-Puffed)
Chocolate Cookie Frosting (we used Betty Crocker)
Black Edible Marker
Optional.... we got a bit crafty with one of our owls using brown construction paper, a large pretzel stick, and a orange pipe cleaner.
You want to start out by cutting out the pumpkin shapes from your graham crackers using your pumpkin cookie cutter. Ours always cut right through without any breaking. However, if they do just push it back together & glue on the back side with the chocolate cookie frosting....let set.
You want to flip the cut out graham crackers with the insides facing up. Cut a jumbo marshmallow in half using kitchen scissors. Then cut a slit to the middle. Take a large marshmallow and push in the middle of the slit on the jumbo marshmallow. Squeeze the chocolate cookie frosting on one of the graham cut outs. Place the marshmallows on top. They squeeze more frosting on top of the marshmallows. Place another graham cut out on top and let set for 5-10 minutes. Push in the lollipop stick through the bottoms.
Decorating the face...
We cut mini marshmallows in a triangle shape using kitchen scissors and sprayed them on wax paper with orange color spray. You could also color them with orange edible marker or used the mini colored marshmallows. The mini color marshmallows are very light in color so we wanted ours to stand out a bit. We cut a large marshmallow in half. We attached them on the face for the eyes using the chocolate cookie frosting. We decorated around the eyes using the chocolate frosting. We attached 2 chocolate chips on the marshmallows for pupils and attached 2 chocolate chips on the top for the ears. We also attached the orange mini marshmallow on the bottom using the frosting.
Making the Thought Bubble...
We cut out a small pumpkin shape using a mini pumpkin cookie cutter. We flipped it upside down. We wrote Hoo Hoo using a black edible marker. We colored a tooth pick with our black edible marker and pressed it in the pumpkin bubble and the marshmallow on the side of the owl. We cut mini marshmallows in half and glued them a couple on the black toothpick with frosting.
For our crafty owl we made feet on the ends of a orange pipe cleaner. We wrapped the pipe cleaner around a large pretzel stick and wrapped up with lollipop stick. We cut out a triangle piece from brown construction paper and tucked it under the face and feet.
Here is a close up of our crafty owl....
Here is a close up of the other owl...
Here is a close up of the Hoo Hoo thought bubble....
These Owl S'mores on a Stick were so fun to make with my boys and they loved them! My boys were running around with these and they are very sturdy! Even our crafty owl!
Check out all of the other fabulous 20 Plus Ways to use a Pumpkin Cutter creations hosted by The Adventures of Sweet Sugarbelle!
- Panda Calaveras, Miss Cuit
- Owl S’mores on a Stick, Kitchen Fun with my Three Sons
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Pasties, Bakingdom
- Halloween Pumpkin Wall, Arty McGoo
- Cocoa Krispies Trick or Treat Bears, Hungry Happenings
- Creative Cherry Cookies, Lila Loa
- The Ultimate Halloween Candy Bar, Dollhouse Bake Shoppe
- Halloween Pumpkin Carriage Cookie, Trilogy Edibles
- Easy Cheveron Pumpkin Cookies, Lizy B Bakes
- Pumpkin Fudge on a Stick, The Decorated Cookie
- Funny Face Pumpkin Cookies, Munchkin Munchies
- Woodland Owl Cookies, The Bearfoot Baker
- Wide Eyed Owl Cookies, Simply Sweets by Honeybee
- Zombie Girl and Brains Cookies, Not Your Momma’s Cookies
- Cookie Cutter Pumpkin Fudge, The Partiologist
- 3-D Pumpkin Cookie, Cookie Crazie
- Faberge-Style Pumpkin Coach, Oh, Sugar Events
- Peek-a-Boo Pumpkin Cupcake Topper, Sweetology 101
- Slimy Green Ghost Cookies, Pink Little Cake
- Silly Pumpkin Face Cookies, Klickitat Street
- Pretty Painted Pumpkin Cookies, Glorious Treats
- Lalaloopsie Cookies with a Twist, SweetSugarBelle
If you like our silly food we would love for you to follow along on our RSS feed , Facebook , & Twitter!